Saturday, December 4, 2010

Rise 'n Fall

After a 5 month hiatus from my blog, I'm back again. It has been a crazy past 5 months. The Fall is almost over even though the weather has been more like an Indian Summer. It is finally getting cold and Christmas is right around the corner.

I have been in the hospital more time than I wanted to, but the good news is that my kidney is doing fine. After switching medications and 2 rounds of plasmapheresis, I'm finally doing well with monthly infusions of Simulect. My creatinine is down near 1. I haven't had that kind of number since a was a child. However, I got the CMV virus from my new kidney and now I'm on IV treatments twice a day. I've been able to do to treatments at home, but there has been a real fiasco with the meds.

As I write this I am hooked up to this rather large IV pump thanks to Medicare not paying for the portable medicine bottles that don't require such equipment, which the pharmacy sent me for 2 weeks by accident. They were pretty cool. Now I have to figure out how to travel to Shands for my appointment this week. Hopefully, I will be off of this before Christmas.

In other news, I am going to continue to work on the Young Women's Progress. I have 2 values finished and 6 to go. I am currently working on Choice & Accountability and Knowledge. These will be my next entries in this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment