Sunday, April 18, 2010

Looking for the Positive (Indiv. Worth VE5)

For two weeks, I was supposed to notice and acknowledge positive qualities of others. Trying to remain uplifting and find positive qualities of people turned out to be harder than I thought considering I seemed to be surrounded by people that do a good job at finding everyone else’s faults. Here I was trying to be nice to people and my co-workers were bashing each other, family members were complaining about the stupid drivers, and the 14 year olds in my Sunday school class were…well, being 14 year olds. Honestly, I just wanted to say, “If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all.”

Seriously, though, I think when I get a chance, I am going to do an activity in my Sunday school class that involves writing down something nice about each person. I’m hoping that might help inspire them. We will have to see. I remember we did something like that each week in the Institute Women’s Association (formerly Lambda Delta Sigma). Each week we wrote something to one person. It was always a pleasant surprise and very cool to just know that you were thought about when it turned out to be you, especially if you were having a rough week.

One thing I have found myself doing lately is seeing the people around me as children, especially my co-workers. It definitely makes things interesting. Seeing both their positive and negative qualities, I have been trying to be more charitable and wonder how our Heavenly Father sees them. Coincidentally, I also wonder how he sees me. What is it that I need to work on and what child-like qualities do I have that I should keep?

No comments:

Post a Comment