I asked 3 people who know me well (Bryan, Kathy, and Keturah) to list some positive qualities and talents that I have. According to them, the positive qualities that I have are: patience, self-control, modesty, virtue, the ability to be a good friend and a friend to everyone, willingness to serve others, perseverance, the ability to learn and to teach, dependability, organized, the ability to prepare for the future, and a desire to do what is right. In addition, my talents include music, crafts, and baking.
Gifts of the Spirit that I feel I have been blessed with include: word of knowledge, discernment of spirits and operation (discern whether a teaching or influence comes from God or from some other source), gifts of leadership and organization, and the gift of charity.
I hope I can continue to develop the gifts I have by using them. I think many of these gifts are useful in sharing and teaching the gospel, which seem to be themes in my callings thus far. I think I also have an unofficial “calling” of helping others in more prominent positions. I have a history of stepping aside to more charismatic leaders, while the guts of the job at hand are under my control.
I am not certain what Heavenly Father’s plan is for me, but I know that I have been humbled more than a few times trying to be someone I’m not meant to be. Nevertheless, I know that everything I see in myself will have its turn to shine. It is merely a question of when.
Gifts of the Spirit that I feel I have been blessed with include: word of knowledge, discernment of spirits and operation (discern whether a teaching or influence comes from God or from some other source), gifts of leadership and organization, and the gift of charity.
I hope I can continue to develop the gifts I have by using them. I think many of these gifts are useful in sharing and teaching the gospel, which seem to be themes in my callings thus far. I think I also have an unofficial “calling” of helping others in more prominent positions. I have a history of stepping aside to more charismatic leaders, while the guts of the job at hand are under my control.
I am not certain what Heavenly Father’s plan is for me, but I know that I have been humbled more than a few times trying to be someone I’m not meant to be. Nevertheless, I know that everything I see in myself will have its turn to shine. It is merely a question of when.
No comments:
Post a Comment