Saturday, February 1, 2014

Recognizing my Prince (DN VE5)

For the past several months, I have been working on the task of being a kinder and more patient person. Sometimes the ones we can most often overlook are the ones right in front of us. Bryan and I have been through a number of trials together since we have been married. It is definitely more difficult when we are both struggling because it is hard for one of us to help support the other.

It is also more difficult to forgive each other and ourselves. I find my self being angry that I feel alone in my trial and then angry because I can't be there for him to help him through his. When we got married, the spirit whispered to me to just love him. And in my last temple trip, the same spirit whispered to me to loose myself in the service of others.

I have been trying to find a way to serve him. I know I am here not to burden him, but to make him stronger. I am here to support him and to help him see his full potential.  And on that note, for Valentine's Day, I want to share what I know about this amazing man in my life:

He is son of God with a devine and royal birth right. He is being tested (as we all are) to prove his worthiness for the greater blessings that his Heavenly Father has in store for him. He is kind and slow to anger. He is intelligent and open to learning and improving himself. The name Bryan is Celtic meaning "brave or virtuous." He's not affraid of trying new things and finishes what he starts. He is a seeker of truth and he ponders the mysteries of the universe.

I couldn't have asked for a better companion to travel with through this unexpected journey. I see his potential and the prince that he is and hope he does to.

No comments:

Post a Comment