Thursday, March 11, 2010

Patriarchal Blessings (Indiv. Worth VE3)

Last weekend, Bryan and I talked about patriarchal blessings with our Sunday School class. For those reading my blog that don't know what that is, it is a blessing that we receive from the Patriarch that is often seen as a guideline for our lives. It is different for everyone, but is the only blessing that we receive that is recorded and a kept in the church vaults.

I got my patriarchal blessing in January of 2004 about 6 months after my baptism. It was a new year and after I got my patriarchal blessing, I was dilligent in reading it often. I read it once a week for that whole year. After that, I wasn't so dilligent, as the words seemed too familar to get as much meaning from them as they should have. I actually misplaced the copy in my journal for several months last year. It was a relief when I finally found it. It turns out it had fallen out as I was nearing the end of the journal itself. I now have it tucked away securely in my new journal.

I decided to pull it out again this week and reread it. I remember most of what it says, but there are always nuances that one forgets. For insance, it reminds me to find ways to serve and love others. Truly that is part of the purpose of these value experiences in Individual Worth as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment