Sunday, March 7, 2010

Personal Goals - Now & Then (Indiv. Worth VE2)

Reflecting on the past 10 years, my greatest accomplishments include finishing college and getting married; however, over the years some of the simplest things have had the largest impacts on my life. Something as simple as getting contact lens for the first time changed my life. While I can’t be certain whether it changed the way others saw me, it did increased my self-esteem.

One of my more personal resolutions one year was to be a better friend to others, which helped me strengthen friendships. During one year, I lost 30 pounds. Even though I have gained it back, I know I can lose it again if I put my mind to it. Moving out on my own was a huge step for me in being independent. I proved to myself that I could do things on my own, even though I would be married within the next year. Driving is the latest accomplishment and will open doors for me once I get in my comfort zone.

Overcoming my fears has also been an ongoing theme for me, even when I’m not sure what I’m afraid of. Death, pain, and loneliness are just a few of the fears I have faced in the form of doctors, airplanes, and cliques. Finding my faith and joining the LDS church has helped me overcome those fears and find peace in my life. I have been truly blessed by my knowledge of the gospel.

My hopes and dreams for the future include having a job that I enjoy, getting my debts paid off, and starting a family. I am working hard at learning all I can right now at work so that I can pass the PG exam when I have built up enough time to sit for it. Having my Geologist license will open up opportunities for me that are not available to me right now. My main goals for this year, however, include getting healthy again so that when I finally get a second transplant, I will have a better recovery. I also am trying to have a more positive attitude and be a happier person with the hopes that it will become contagious.

1 comment:

  1. Muah! I am starting the YW project challenge up too. You shared so much here. Love love love and hope I can be a better part of your future than the past.

    ReplyDelete