Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Reflections for a New Year

It's a new year and I'm hoping for 2012 to be a new start. I have never been big on celebrating New Years Eve. Maybe it is just that December 31st is just not the time I tend to think about it being a "New Year." Just because it is the date that our paper calendar on the wall ends and we have to remember for the next 2 months what the correct year is on our checks doesn't make it significant for me.

I do like to take the time to reflect on the past year and January 2012 is becoming a month of cleanup and catching up, as well as getting some rest. I also have some goals, but really don't want to jinks them. I will definitely be revisiting them in a few weeks, but for now, I am going to tie up loose ends on my blog this month.

2011 was definitely a rough year for me. I was in the hospital 2 hours from home for 60 days of the year from the complications of my kidney transplant in July of 2010, was hooked up to an IV through May, and then had a fight with Guillian-Barre syndrome, which I wouldn't wish on anyone. I have been blessed that the second half of 2011 went much smoother and have been home. I was also able through the whole year to work a full 40 hours, and November 30th marked the final time I needed to apply for my PG license exam.

I completed the Value Experiences for Knowledge and Choice & Accountability, have 3 more Value Experiences to write up for Good Works, and I am working on finishing the Old Testament so I can start the Book of Mormon for both Sunday School and for the Virtue value of the Young Women's Progress. I also have been working over the past 2 years on the Value Projects and I am hoping to finish and post some of the write ups for those.

So lots to keep me busy and good things to look forward to in 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment