Through my work, I serve the community. Even though I get paid, I like to think that I help to make people's lives a little better and safer through research and data management. I have worked on projects that help to find sand for beach replenishment as well as help to keep our water supply healthy.
Over the years, I have also served in the community through a number of organizations. Whether it wrapping gifts for underprivileged children, raising money to eradicate IDD, or helping out with a Girl Scout troop, it has always been a desire of my heart to be able to help others. I haven't always understood why, but always knew it was the right thing to do. After gaining a testimony of the gospel, things have become much clearer.
We are all trying to make it back to our Heavenly Father and to become like Him. We can do this by serving one another and using our talents to help each other. Sometimes serving others is difficult, especially when it doesn't seem to be appreciated. I have felt that way a few times in my life. I know, though, that my efforts don't go without being noticed by my Heavenly Father, and I can only hope that I can make a difference in someone's life.
No comments:
Post a Comment